Dr. Thrasher and our Hillcrest Dental Care staff are always here to help your smile in person, but we also provide beneficial info before you’re even at our comfortable Waco, TX dentist office.
We’re listing a few of the most commonly asked questions we receive from our patients, as well as Dr. Thrasher’s expert opinions. Check these out and then call 254-400-2868 or use our online form to make an appointment and ask questions of your own.
- Q: Can You Help If I Have A Dental Emergency?
- Q: Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
- Q: What If My Tooth Hurts But I’m Afraid To Visit The Dentist?
- Q: What’s Wrong With Store-Bought Teeth Whitening Products?
- Q: What Kind Of Toothbrush Should I Use?
Q: Can You Help If I Have A Dental Emergency?
Absolutely. We offer same-day appointments for any dental emergency. If you have a broken tooth or dental restoration, severe dental pain, severe pain that stops unexpectedly, or a tooth is out of its socket for any reason, call our office at once. Time lost can equal teeth lost in an emergency situation. We’ll get you out of pain quickly and offer treatment options for your problem.
Q: Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
It is impossible to say if you are a candidate without looking at your mouth. There are many factors that go into this decision such as how many teeth are missing, how healthy your jaw bone is, and what other health concerns you have. However, we would love to help you get a better idea of what is possible for you. We offer a free dental implants consultation, so call our office today!
Q: What If My Tooth Hurts But I’m Afraid To Visit The Dentist?
Dental anxiety is a very common issue, and our entire team completely understands why you may fear visiting the dentist. But there are two big reasons you should book an appointment with Dr. Thrasher:
- He is an expert at providing dental sedation, which will ensure you feel no pain or nervousness whatsoever during any procedure. We also always apply local anesthetic to any area of your mouth that may become sensitive during treatment.
- If you’re experiencing dental pain of any kind, putting off your appointment with Dr. Thrasher will only lead to further issues. You could be dealing with a problem that will affect the rest of your teeth and gums, which just means more visits and treatments! We use the latest technology and a gentle, expert hand to ensure you get the care you need now.
Q: What’s Wrong With Store-Bought Teeth Whitening Products?
Many OTC whitening products can often be a waste of time and money. Dr. Thrasher can make sure you benefit the most from professional whitening treatments. The treatments he recommends will ensure fast and long-lasting results, minimize sensitivity, and preserve the health of your teeth.
Q: What Kind Of Toothbrush Should I Use?
For starters, you should always seek a toothbrush that’s approved by the American Dental Association (ADA). You’ll see their Seal of Acceptance on the package. You should also choose a brush with soft bristles, since harder bristles can damage your gums. Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or when the bristles become worn.
Dr. Thrasher and our team will provide the best advice regarding manual, electric, and sonic toothbrushes once they examine your smile. We’ll also advise you on proper brushing techniques that will best benefit your teeth and gums based on your mouth’s condition.