TMJ, temporomandibular joint problems, dysfunction. Patients who clench and grind they're teeth that are developing those kinds of problems, this would also include patients who have headaches and migraines. I'm really excited about what's happening in this field in dentistry. Because we now have a treatment modality called TruDenta where we're actually taking patients who have all of these symptoms that I just mentioned: the TMJ, the clenching, and the grinding, the headaches and the migraines, and through a multi-disciplinary course of treatments, we can bring those problems under control. It's another one of those life-changing moments where a person’s been living with this chronic pain for years, for years, and years. I've even heard the stories of they've been to the psychologist, they've been to the neurologist, they've been to their primary care doctor, and no one has connected it to their bite, to their chewing system, which is the primary cause of that problem. Once we deal with what causes the problem and get through the treatment that brings this back under control, then they have their life back. They're very, very appreciative and happy to not have, at least, the intensity that they had. Or, in some cases, no more headaches, no more migraines. It's amazing.
Jaw pain, headaches, and migraines can ruin too many days that should’ve been great. At Hillcrest Dental Care in Waco, TX, we have TMJ Treatment & Teeth Grinding that could help you solve your issue. And also, we want to prevent all three problems from further interfering with your life. Dr. Thrasher will get to the source of your pain using TruDenta diagnosis and therapy.
This is the noninvasive form of dentistry that requires no medications or surgery yet will:
- Put an end to your migraines or headaches
- Relieve stress in your jaw to prevent pain in your jaw joints, face, ears, and neck
- Prevent bruxism, or teeth grinding, that you may be doing subconsciously during the day or at night
- Prevent tinnitus, or “ringing” in your ears
- Cure any dizziness or vertigo you may be experiencing
Call Hillcrest Dental Care at 254-400-2868 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Thrasher at our comfortable and accommodating Waco, TX office. We’ll discover the source of your dental issues and solve them once and for all.
Identifying The Source Of Your Headaches Or Jaw Pain With TruDenta
TruDenta involves a five-step diagnosis process and gentle treatment afterward. The diagnosis process includes:
- A Bite Force Analysis to seek any imbalances in your mouth regarding opening, closing, or chewing
- A Range of Motion Analysis to determine why you may be experiencing discomfort while moving your jaw or head
- A Headache History Form to document the frequency and intensity of your past headaches, which will help us provide the best treatment
- A Muscle Exam to see if knots of tension could be restricting your motion and/or causing any jaw imbalance
- A Head Health Questionnaire to find out if previous trauma to your jaw or head is causing your current issues
Providing Your Comfortable TMJ Treatment
Once we’ve determined what is causing your pain, we’ll recommend one of four noninvasive therapy treatments that typically last only 12 weeks. These treatments can:
- Return circulation to your sore muscles for pain relief
- Break up muscle knots and decrease inflammation
- Reduce muscle spasms and the pain they cause
- Heal your muscle and joint tissue
If you’re not a fan of being in a dentist office, we know just how to relieve your dental anxiety so you can fully relax while you’re here in our Waco, TX office.
Call Hillcrest Dental Care at 254-400-2868 or use our online form to contact us with any questions or make an appointment. You deserve to live a pain-free life, and we’re ready to make that happen as soon as possible.
Dr. Michael Thrasher of Hillcrest Dental Care is indeed one of the trusted Waco, TX dentists because he has a lot of memberships and credentials, and of the associations that he belongs to is in Texas Dental Association.